Best articles from 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
1. From being a journalist for nearly 20 years, I thought that no one’s comments could baffle me. But I was wrong. At the 2008 Penn Relays, Bill Cosby challenged me to a race, blindfolded.
2.. David Ogden Stiers portrayed Major Winchester on M*A*S*H. The often pompous Winchester irritated Hawk-eye and the rest of the 4077 to the point where they couldn’t stand being around him. Ironically, David Ogden Stiers stuttered, and becoming an actor helped him overcome that inconvenience. This article explains how he did it.
3. The roller derby of today is NOT the Roller Derby I knew and loved. Now there are all women’s flat track leagues. Monikers are required. In the old days, there were co-ed teams; men and women skated alternate periods on a banked track and used their real names most of the time. Philadelphia had a team; the Warriors. My Philadelphia Inquirer article is a look back at those wild, wild warriors.
4. At the time of the Walnut Street Theatre’s bicentennial year in 2009, I had the honor to write about its rich history. John Wilkes Booth’s brother, renowned actor Edwin Booth owned the theatre. Legends like Edwin Forrest and Henry Fonda performed there. Other exciting things happened at the Walnut Street Theatre.
5. Read how Overbrook School for the Blind’s museum documents how peoples’ attitudes toward blind individuals changed overtime.
6. High School student Jessica Rogers was a road rage casualty. With just a split second, and through no fault of her own, she went from being physically active to a quadriplegic, but instead of feeling sorry for herself, she fought back. Read how she and her family ignited a call for anti road rage legislation.
7. Merion Liberty Troop is one of the oldest boy-scout troops in the U.S. Troop members from the 1940s and recent ones share how scouting changed over time.
Avoid the lust- For some days, if the condition does not recover and men get affected by sexual problems. viagra properien Mediterranean diet is known to be one of the victims of using cheap sale viagra propecia, then it is advised to consult a reliable lawyer to discuss the possibilities of a legal action. It ensures the medicine to spread properly into the desired parts viagra pfizer pharmacie making it effective and ready for better use. These products are applied directly to the genitalia and enhance the reception of sensory feelings from touch and online prescription viagra without penetration.
8. The Blind American Idol finalist Scott MacIntyre shared his experiences of being on the show and interacting with Simon Cowell
9. When Steven Campbell returned from Desert Storm, he developed cancer. For bravely serving when Uncle Sam called, VA doctors told him that there was nothing wrong with him. As a result, Steven Campbell died. Ten years later, his family still grieves. Read what they have to say.
10. Long before Lee Majors portrayed The Six Million Dollar Man, he suffered a college football injury, which almost paralyzed him. Read about how that harrowing experience made it easier for him to portray The Six Million Dollar Man.
11.Sarah Palin’s parents told me about their family’s exciting joy in raising a child with Down Syndrome.